- Club scheduled swims are restricted to club members in good standing only.
- Swimmers are required to wear fluorescent orange caps on all scheduled swims.
- For out-of cove swims, swimmers must be members in good standing with club dues current, $50 swim fees paid, and a current USMS/PMS card on file. In-cove swims are free and open to all members in good standing.
- New members are not eligible to swim in scheduled out-of-cove swims for six months from their membership start. However, if one successfully completes the 100-mile swim or 40-mile Polar Bear swim before their six months are up, they can participate in out-of-cove swims. New members can also complete the “Accelerated Out-of-Cove Process,” which involves swimming eight one-mile swims in the Cove with prior approval of one of the Swim Commissioners. Contact DolphinSwimCommissioner@gmail.com for the form, prior to beginning this process.
- Swimmers must be in attendance at briefing prior to each swim in order to participate.
- Swim sign-up sheets are typically posted two weeks prior to each swim.
- Time limits are imposed and enforced for all swims.
- All club boats, kayaks, rescue boards, and SUPs are reserved for scheduled swims.
- No swim aids, including wetsuits, fins and paddles, among others, are allowed on scheduled Dolphin Club swims.
Additional qualifications for Alcatraz and Golden Gate Swims
- (10) In-town members must successfully complete three swims and pilot or help on at least three scheduled swims.
- (11) Out-of-town members (those residing 100+ miles from the club) must have successfully completed two of the last three club scheduled Alcatraz and/or Golden Gate swims or meet Rule 10 above.