Founded in 1877, the Dolphin Swimming and Boating Club is a diverse and thriving community of people from all over the Bay Area and the world. We are an adventurous and safety-minded club that loves the San Francisco Bay.
We welcome new members monthly!
- Keyed year-round access to our historic clubhouse on San Francisco’s Aquatic Park cove.
- Use of all club facilities, including handball court, gym, hot showers and saunas, communal kitchen, and community areas.
- Use of boats, including our historic wooden fleet, after completing the mandatory rowing training (offered monthly).
- Organized club swims and rows throughout the year (Note: You must be a member in good standing for 6 months before participating in out-of-cove swims. Alcatraz and Golden Gate swims require 3 qualifying swims and 2 swim helps.)
- Opportunity to join annual Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon (the original!)
- Dolphin Log print publication – three editions per year.
- Social events, including mixers, dinners, and lectures open to all members.
- A range of volunteer opportunities, including events, governance, community support and fleet and facility maintenance.
The Dolphin Club has been granted permission by the City and County of San Francisco to allow appropriately-distanced activities. Limited swimming, rowing, weight room and handball court scheduling is now available. For additional information contact email@example.com
HOW TO JOIN
- Fill out the APPLICATION FORM [See DSBC Privacy and Data Security Policy].
- Attend the New Member meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 6pm. Your application must be received at least 24 hours before the monthly meeting. Confirmation of your application will include additional information including how to join the meeting.
- Pay initiation fee and annual dues – prorated at time of joining.
2021 Fees and Annual Dues
$127 one-time non-refundable initiation fee
$522 Regular members
$468 Senior members (age 65 and over)
$130 Out of Town members (residing more than 100 miles from the Club)
The Dolphin Club is a volunteer-run nonprofit organization welcoming to all!