The Dolphin Club was founded in 1877 and today is a nonprofit, public-access athletic organization with a diverse membership of about 1500 women and men. Our members swim in the waters of Aquatic Park, row in the Bay and on Lake Merced, play in handball tournaments, and participate in the annual Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon.
News & swim Results
- 2020 Pier 39 Swim Results
- Gashouse Cove Swim cancelled
- 2020 Pier 41 results
- New Year’s Day Cove and Alcatraz results
- 2019 Thanksgiving Day Cove
Members can find details and registration information for events from the members-only club calendar on Groups.io
- Boathouses for rowboats and kayaks
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers and saunas
- Two upstairs lounge areas
- Ground-floor toilet and shower facilities
- Inflatable motor craft to maintain safety during club swims
- Weight room
- Flat-water rowing facility at Lake Merced
- Exterior ramp for handicap access
Join the club!
We accept new members on the third Wednesday of each month during our Board of Governors meeting.
Arrive at 6:00 PM, orientation at 6:30 PM, and new members are at the top of the agenda when board meeting starts at 7:00 PM. Member-led club tour for the new members happens around 7:30 PM.
Only club members who have completed our certification courses may use our water craft. Visiting non-members may not use any of our rowing boats or kayaks.
The Dolphin Club is open to the public on alternating days with the South End Club, next door. Both buildings are owned by the S.F. Recreation and Parks Department and leased to the clubs. Both facilities are open to the public on alternate days each month, Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM for a daily fee of $10.00. January, March, May, July, September, November: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. February, April, June, August, October, December: Wednesday and Friday. Closed Sundays and Mondays to the public. Sign the waiver and deposit it and your cash or check in the box at the entrance and sign the log book. Ring doorbell for access.